The student market in Oxford follows its own 'seasons' with most students starting their search for next year's accommodation in December of the previous year. As such, we 'launch' our student properties in the autumn/winter and regularly let more than three quarters of our stock within the first 4-5 weeks. If you need great tenants for your sharer property, call our team on 01865 260111.
Once you have instructed FK Shared Letting to let your property:
- The property is included in our 'Launch'
- Our team prepares the property for letting and works with you to ensure compliance with relevant legislation
- Professional photographs are taken and property descriptions are drawn up
- The property is added to our company-wide database and marketed on our website
- The details are also uploaded to property portals (e.g. Rightmove and Zoopla)
Following the 'launch', your property remains on our letting register until:
- A holding fee is paid by the tenants
- Each tenant has completed an application form
- You have agreed a tenancy start date
Guarantors complete a separate form so that we can carry out a credit check, and they are made aware of the rent and dates of the tenancy for which their child/ward has applied.
Signing the Tenancy Agreement and Key Collection
Our sample tenancy agreement can be found here. This is sent for electronic signing once referencing has been completed. Once everyone has electronically signed, a copy is sent to all parties. An appointment is made approximately one month before the tenancy start date for the tenants to pay their first account and arrangements are made for them to collect keys.